Zach Ruiter of the Toronto Media Co-op has created this video exploring the tensions perceived in Ontario student organizations as some struggle to create a solidarity movement with the Quebec strike. The structure of the student organizations themselves are called into question, the need for a solidarity strike is debated, and the difficulties in coordinating the various smaller movements are explored. These tensions are ones that must be addressed if a solidarity movement is to take place in Ontario.
- What does it mean to welcome Omar Khadr? University students and the lesson of hospitality
- “Dissociated Consciousness[es]”: The Rising Voice of the Administrator and the Falling Voice of the Academic in the Winter 2015 Labour Disruption at the University of Toronto
- Orwell, Huxley and America’s Plunge into Authoritarianism
- Pedagogy of the Precariat
- Flipping the Script: Rethinking Working-Class Resistance