Melonie Fullick is a PhD student in the Faculty of Education at York University, having previously completed a BA in Communication Studies and an MA in Linguistics. She grew up in New Zealand, moving to Canada at age 14. She is a regular contributor to the cosmopolitan online community University of Venus, and her blog, Speculative Diction, appears regularly in the national online publication of University Affairs. Her tweets @qui_oui are followed by an audience of over one thousand and growing. Most recently, Melonie gave a TEDx talk on “Impact Matters” at York University.
- What does it mean to welcome Omar Khadr? University students and the lesson of hospitality
- “Dissociated Consciousness[es]”: The Rising Voice of the Administrator and the Falling Voice of the Academic in the Winter 2015 Labour Disruption at the University of Toronto
- Orwell, Huxley and America’s Plunge into Authoritarianism
- Pedagogy of the Precariat
- Flipping the Script: Rethinking Working-Class Resistance